Before separating from your spouse or partner you will need to know your responsibilities and rights in relation to a range of issues.
Our Family Lawyers are able to provide you with advice about your questions including:
1. Are you entitled to a property settlement and if so how much is your entitlement?
2. Should you be paying spousal maintenance or are you entitled to receive it?
3. Are you entitled to child support or should you be paying child support?
4. If you are married, when can you apply for a divorce and how?
5. What are your rights concerning the children?
6. Has your partner has been violent towards you?
There are a range of options which can be explored to settle your case. These include:
- Private negotiations
- Court Proceedings
It is our philosophy to settle cases expeditiously with the least amount of cost to the client. We understand that when people separate from a relationship the cost is not only financial but emotional. Our family lawyers endeavour to provide helpful and constructive assistance in settling matters as favourably as possible to our clients.
Nevertheless, we are not prepared to compromise our client's position. If a case requires court proceedings for a party to secure justice and a just and fair settlement, we vigorously represent our clients.
We recognise that when people separate they often don't have money to pay for legal fees and when such a case arises we are prepared on some occasions to accept instructions and be paid at the conclusion of the case. These are matters that we discuss with clients at the first consultation.